Did You Know?
- HomeAid Houston has added 400 beds to the homeless community since 2005.
- There are 10,000-12,000 homeless people in Houston on any given night.
- Lennar Homes and Beazer Homes built the 199 bed homeless shelter “Bonita House of Hope.”
- Generous GHBA vendors donated over $800,000 in labor and materials to help build the “Bonita House of Hope.”
- The “Bonita House of Hope” was a critical care provider for evacuees of hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
- HomeAid’s “Gulf Coast Rebuilding Fund” donated $1 million to help build shelters in Houston for homeless Katrina and Rita survivors.
- Tilson Home Corporation built three homes to house 24 women in 2006 for Wellsprings Village.
- David Weekley Homes built three homes to house 24 women in 2006 for Wellsprings Village.
- Doyle Stuckey Homes and Green Mountain Building Company built the 16 unit dormitory “Mercy House” for the Mission of Yahweh in 2006.
- Dakotablue Homes built two cottages for Boys and Girls Harbor in 2007.
- Boys and Girls Harbor is celebrating 60 years of caring for homeless children.
- Generous GHBA vendors and suppliers typically donate over 50% of the cost of a HomeAid Houston project.